You’ve probably already heard of switchboard upgrades, but are you aware of why you need to do it? The switchboard is the heart of your house’s electrical system, and all your appliances must get enough power without creating fire hazards. So to get the best results from your upgrade, you should have your switchboard inspected and upgraded before you have any problems.
– You might consider hiring an electrician to upgrade the switchboard. While some homeowners may try to do it themselves, you need to be aware of the hazards of a DIY project. In addition, the wiring and structure of your house will influence the cost of the switchboard upgrade. A local electrician can assess your home’s wiring conditions and give you a quote for the work. Ensure to ask for a quote before hiring a handyperson.
– If you are living in an old home, it is unlikely that your switchboard was installed with new electrical wiring. You may have grey or black wiring instead of white wiring. Regardless of the wiring, flickering lights, blown fuses, or sparks are all signs you need to upgrade your switchboard. Make sure you’ve contacted a licensed electrician to inspect the wiring in your home, as it may cause the problems you’re experiencing.
– A switchboard upgrade may be needed if you’re using a fuse box that has been used for many years. The old fuse box might indicate an older wiring system throughout your building. Electrical wiring is often hidden in a wall, but ageing insulation can wear out and even be damaged by insects and rodents. A switchboard upgrade will ensure that your electrical system is safe and effective in keeping you and your family safe.
– The modern switchboard can accommodate the increased demand for electricity. With more electrical appliances, you’ll need more power outlets. Unfortunately, old ceramic fuses are not up to the task. Instead, modern switchboards have various other features and functions to meet these growing demands. Unfortunately, the old switchboard may have a faulty ceramic fuse or asbestos panel. Unless you’re planning on relocating to another area of the house, it’s best to have the switchboard upgraded.
– A switchboard upgrade may be necessary to meet your growing electrical needs. The switchboard is crucial to the overall functioning of your home’s electrics despite how old your home may be. It is the main control panel for electricity distribution and directs the electricity supply to all devices and circuits in your home. A switchboard built ten years ago could only handle a moderate amount of electrical load, but modern households have more than 15 different electronic devices running simultaneously and a wide array of electrical appliances.
A switchboard upgrade is an ideal way to upgrade an older switchboard to a more modern one that meets your family’s needs. It’s a legal requirement in Australia for any homeowner who wants to add new outlets, larger appliances, and more powerful outlets. The upgraded switchboard also provides an additional RCD safety switch, protecting your family from potential dangers such as electrical fires and power overloads.
Despite the safety benefits of a switchboard upgrade, the dangers of an outdated one should not be ignored. Besides being a potential source of fire, older switchboards can also expose you to asbestos, which can lead to health problems if inhaled. Therefore, you should contact a licensed electrician to conduct an assessment of your electrical system. A qualified electrician can assess your home’s electrical system and recommend an appropriate upgrade.
A 3-phase switchboard upgrade is designed for many electrical appliances and systems. Three-phase switchboards have three active wires and one neutral. As a result, they’re more energy-efficient than a standard switchboard and require less cabling. In addition, these switchboards are more powerful and reliable. And they can be easily installed by a licensed electrician. So, before you go ahead with the upgrade, you should be sure to find a licensed electrician who’s experienced in switching switchboards.
Visit https://mastinelectrical.com.au/fuse-board-upgrades/ if you need professional assistance with a switchboard upgrade.